Friday, October 10, 2008

Home and Healing

I had the misfortune of experiencing an attack of colitis this week. It was so intense that I was admitted to St. Elizabeth's Community Hospital in Red Bluff on Tuesday and released on Friday.

The doctors, nurses, and supporting staff at the St. E's Hospital were very kind and helpful. The treatments have been successful thus far; and will be continued for 10 to 14 days.

Suddenly finding yourself, when otherwise hale and hardy, sick and in a hospital causes you to think more about care givers, medical science, life-death issues, and values. Seeing and hearing really sick people in a hospital make you aware and thoughtful in many new ways.

Being a teacher of tai chi chuan, qigong, yoga, and other fitness classes brings me into contact with many relatively healthy people trying to keep fit. I feel that I am helping others and myself to achieve good health and a positive attitude on life. Others had to help me during a health problem this week; and too all of them, and you in the health care field, "Thank you very much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment