Saturday, May 17, 2014

Walking Out the Stiffness

Stepping On to Pleasures

Grown old I groan
At times so stiff and sore
But not stopping, stepping on,
Walking past the pains to gain
Another epiphany before the rain.


Step by step the breath
Finds a pleasant pace
Pains dissipate.


By the third mile, I smile,
Feet flowing, arms swaying,
discomforts dissolved.


Warmed with eyes wide
Trees slide by, doves coo,
Awe opens then closes - no clues.


My pace slowly slows
Avoiding holes in the road;
Filling the unconscious crevasses of my mind
With pleasures deep and kind.


By and by, it's done, I'm saying
"Such a benefit, and beguiled."
I now rest, content.  


-  Michael P. Garofalo,  Stepping on to Pleasures


The Ways of Walking

The Poems of Mike Garofalo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment