Thursday, September 12, 2024

Laptop Computer Setup

Today, I began working on setting up my new Lenovo IdeaPad 1 Windows laptop microcomputer:

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 Laptop, 15.6” FHD Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 11 Home, 720p Camera w/Privacy Shutter, Smart Noise Cancelling, Cloud Grey, $331.00 from Amazon on 9/11/2024. Supposedly, it runs Windows 11 Home quite well, has decent battery life, is sturdy and light in weight, and has a better sound system.


I will set up the Lenovo laptop for full featured use of the Internet (Chrome and Bing, My Homepage), Facebook, Blog, Amazon, Kindle, Atlantis, Website Links ...

Also, and most important, I want to use the new Lenovo laptop for music recording, music editing, DAW (Digital Audio Workshops: FLStudio, Ableton), Band in a Box Software, percussion software, MIDI keyboard connectivity, home music studio hardware and software, music composing, sound mixing, musical theory research, voice alteration Humanoid, ...

In September, 2024, I stopped using my old refurbished HP Elitebook 8470P laptop which I purchased for $250 in January, 2022,, except for photography work. I stopped using my old Galaxy 1 Tablet A in September 2024, except for music playing. Both older units are slow, have battery problems, do not work properly sometimes, have old hardware/software, etc. I'm removing some files from both, deleting some programs, and cleaning them up.

Musical Practice and Developmental Pointers

Suggestions Harvested by Michael P. Garofalo

Tips from a Beginning Harmonica Player

Harmonica Studies: A Beginner's Notes, Research, Resources, and Comments.

September 2024





No comments:

Post a Comment