Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Video Games 2: Software Experimentation


I find that the NBA 2K 18 on the Nintendo Switch is very difficult to play because of the rapid pace required in skilled passing and shooting.  The software has a practice option with 1on1 and 2on2, etc., so you can learn the basic movements possible in playing NBA level basketball.  Manual dexterity and quick reflexes are not my strong suit, so my progress is poor in this game.  I have, thus far, led the Golden State Warriors to four resounding 1st quarter defeats.

Using the Madden NFL 18 football video game on the X Box One is easier for me to play than NBA basketball because the pace is slower.  Lots of commands and selections to learn.  I think that using and learning this Madden software might make my NFL football television viewing experience this autumn more interesting.  Also, if I learn this software's command and movement controls, then I can use the Madden software upgrades in years to come, e.g., 2018-2019 season, Madden 19.  X Box One is a decent console for using NFL 18.  I've used NFL 14 before.

Cheat sheets for basic movements are not easy to find; Gamers seem to prefer figuring the controls out for themselves through experimentation, failures, and modest consistent successes in playing a new game.

I use Mario Brothers Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch.  I have also played older versions of Mario Brothers on the PS2, and NES, e.g., Super Mario Brothers 2, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World.  I even have some Mario Brothers art, toys, and ???? Cube.

I started purchasing computers (Commodore, Atari, IBM-DOS clones), and video game hardware and software in the 1980's.  I played lots of games on desktop computers, telephones, tablets, and video consoles for 40 years.  I have always been interested in computers, their uses in business applications, and in the potentials of artificial intelligence, networking, learning, programming languages, etc.  I earned good money, I worked till I was 70,  while being a leader in library automation, management, using computers for management information systems, website development, grant writing, and research.


No comments:

Post a Comment