Monday, November 11, 2019

Veterans Day

I say thanks to all the veterans of the United States military, first responders, law and order officials, hospitals, etc.  Volunteers and employees guard our public health and safety.  We thank them all.    We pay our respects to our fallen comrades.

Young and old we cheer for peace, prosperity, longevity.

I volunteered to serve in the United States Air Force from 1969-1973.  I was assigned to Air Training Command, Personnel, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, Mississippi.  Hurricane Camille hit Keesler in August of 1969.  I was honorably discharged as a Staff Sergeant (E5).

My father was a Republican, my mother a Democrat.

My wife and I generally vote Democratic together.  Both of us are in our 70's.
We greatly appreciate Social Security, and Medicare A-D. 

I don't say much in my blog about current politics.  I just don't have the energy anymore. 

So, once, long ago, I voted for Richard Nixon for President.  Nixon's role in stealing information about opponents in Watergate led to his resignation.  Nixon's continuation of Operation Rolling Thunder and operation Linebacker in North Vietnam are what really disappointed me about President Nixon. 

I wish Donald Trump would diplomatically resign.  Clearly, he is complicit with stealing information about opponents, and lying or misinformed much too often.  We need to have our federal government and our people calm down, end the rancor, pretend to cooperate, and do some real work.  Hopefully, Mr. Pence will be as non-abrasive as Gerald Ford was for a few months.  As citizens we need to think, stay calm, evaluate candidates and vote in November of 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment