Thursday, March 23, 2023

Database Software: Microsoft Access

 I have used the Microsoft Access database software since 2001.  I used Access for work at my places of employment and at home for database applications.  

I had not used Access since 2017, and had used Microsoft Excel since 2017 for related simple home database applications.  

To my surprise, Access is not included in my current low budget Microsoft Office package.  I had to shell out $175.00 today for the Microsoft Access software.  I've used database software since the 1990's.  I like this kind of power user database software.  

I am currently working on a major database Project in 2023.  I call it:
"The Subject Index to Cases in Koan Collections."

The Access database for this project on my C: hard drive is called:
Koan Case Database.

The Folder on my C: hard drive where I store the various files, reports, backups, images, documents, downloads, etc., for this project is at:
C:\Koan Database. 

I was able to import all my existing Excel data into a new database called: Koan Case Database.  











Brief Spiritual Stories, Dialogues, and Encounters
Zen Buddhist Koan Collections
Catching Phrases, Inspiring Verses, Hard Questions
Bibliography, Quotations, Notes, Resources

Research by Michael P. Garofalo

The Fireplace Records By Michael P. Garofalo




No comments:

Post a Comment