Thursday, August 16, 2012

Footsteps Moving Mind

"Happily the spell is taken off for me
Happily I walk, impervious to pain I walk,
Light within I walk, joyous I walk
... In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty after me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty above and about me I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty."
The Night Chant, Navajo Native American Chant  


"Soft footsteps forcing a forward flow
at a pleasant pace, steady, unhurried
through the dispersing darkness at daybreak
my mind moves
cottonwood leaves rattle in the dry wind
roosters crow for Auora to rise
a jackrabbit sprints away to hide
a suspicious dog barks his pride
a red truck on 99 rumbles roaring by
my mind moves
an aching knee slows my pace
my hickory cane taps my pace
Green Tara shows Her Face
my mind moves
I daydream about the beautiful Goddess
revisiting myths about the pilgrim's path
chatting with the invisible society of minds
pondering the bright void.
In a state of Grace,
very grateful."
-  Michael P. Garofalo, Quiet Steps to Gratitude




No comments:

Post a Comment