Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Personal Improvement Prayer

 

“Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me show love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; and
Where there is sadness, joy.
Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
Seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.”
- St. Francis of Assisi (1128-1226)

An informative old book by Dean Ornish, M.D., "Reversing Heart Disease," 1995, includes a chapter on the power of praying, meditating, and guided thinking.  A newer version of this book came out in 2022, "Undo It."  I quickly browsed and reread some of this useful old book last month.  I have tried to follow his advice for many years.  

Many people told me they prayed for my recovery from my cryo-genic ablation surgery on February 4, 2023.  The positive thoughts from others helped me stay calm, feel appreciated, and hopeful. 

Good and positive thoughts, sayings, prayers, mantras, scriptures, poems, well wishes, and encouragement can help others and ourselves.  



"Don't misunderstand me.  I don't believe in prayer.  I only do it.  Or perhaps it does me."
- Sam Keen

Believing is an important step in transformation.  If you don't believe in achieving your goals and objectives, it is very hard to keep working steadily on actualizing your specific goals.  Your not going to have the grit to stick with a self-improvement tactic unless you believe the tactic is beneficial, useful, doable, and achievable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment