Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Belfair State Park, Washington

I have reserved a Yurt for camping at Belfair State Park along the Hood Canal.

I will arrive there at 4 pm on Monday, September 9th, 2024, and will leave at 11:00 am on Thursday, September 12th, 2024. I usually camp in a Yurt for 3 nights.

I will bring my harmonicas and music books, fishing gear, kites, string figures kit, MP3 music, books, laptop computer, maps, guide books, camera, and writing tools.

I'm sure there will be a ban on campfires from May to October.

Right now, in the summer of 2024, the Hood Canal is so polluted that you cannot safely let the water touch your body. No swimming or wading in the Hood Canal or incoming streams.  Nearly the entire west and south side of the Hood Canal have thousands of summer homes along the shore line.  Leaking septic systems are the primary cause of the pollution. Forget about harvesting shellfish. Scary!  

I mostly eat unrefrigerated and uncooked foods when camping. I plan to enjoy a 6 pack of tinned Santo Amaro Sardines from Portugal on this trip. I will also probably eat some meals at a cafe or restaurant in nearby Belfair.

I do some qigong and tai chi chuan and many longer walks.

I plan to drive around and explore the Kitsap Peninsula along the Hood Canal.


City of Belfair, Washington, Population 4,500

Kitsap County, Washington

Belfair State Park






































No comments:

Post a Comment