Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stand by a Friend





From the award-winning documentary, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music", comes the first of many "songs around the world" being released independently.  Featured is the Ben E. King classic, "Stand by Me," performed by musicians around the world adding their part to the song as it travelled the globe.

"Oh Yeah, Oh my Darlin', Stand by Me
No matter who you are
No matter where you go in life
You goin' to need somebody to stand by you
No matter how much money you got
Or the friends you got
You goin' to need somebody to stand by you
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And that moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I shed one tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me
When the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Please stand by me, stand by me, stand by me
Darlin', darlin', stand by me-e, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me."

For those, like myself, who enjoy songs by Bob Marley, Playing for Change offers two outstanding renditions of the Marley classics:

No comments:

Post a Comment