Monday, January 23, 2012

Leaping Through the Dragon's Gate

The start of the Chinese New Year in 2012 is on January 23, 2012, today.  This date begins 15 days of celebration in China.  This is the Year of the Dragon, the Water Dragon, 2012.  Gong xi fa cai!

Here are some of my webpages on the themes, myths and lore regarding Eastern Dragons; and some physical culture activities (Qigong, Chi Kung) based on Dragon themes.  






On a Personal Note:

My 66th birthday is in January.  My personal objectives and resolutions for the Year of the Dragon 2012 are as follows:

1)   Loose 3 pounds of body weight each month in 2012.
2)  
Continue to work part-time for two outside employers and for our home business.   
3)   Complete the creation of the Magic Pearl Qigong
4)   Post each day to the Cloud Hands Blog.
5)   Resume teaching Taijiquan, Qigong, and Yoga at the Tehama Family Fitness Center on March 1, 2012.   
6)   Finish the second draft of my website on the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. 
7)   Complete the creative and documentation work on the Dragon Qigong.   
8)   Finish learning to perform the Chen Taijiquan Broadsword Form
9)   As soon as my foot surgeon releases me, then I will participate in the spin cycling class and lift weights every Monday and Friday morning. 
10)  Learn to perform the Traditional Tai Chi Eight Immortals Cane, Routine Two (Cannon Cane) created by Master Jesse Tsao. 
11)  Complete repair the patio roof, remove all dead trees, and finish the indoor painting projects. 
12) 
After paying into the United States Social Security Fund for 50 years, I am now eligible to begin receiving monthly benefits. 
13)  Travel to Indiana, Southern California, Oregon coast, and the Olympia National Forest. 
14)  Try my best to follow the Lifestyle Advice of Wise Persons.  

15)  Seek appropriate medical services for my health problems.  
16)  Finish learning the final movements of the Sun Taijiquan 73 Competition Form 
17)  Reformat, revise, and update the Eight Section Brocade Chi Kung webpage.

18)  Continue to practice martial arts drills with my cane.  
19)  Continue to maintain and improve our home gardens and orchard. 
20)  This is my time to try to "Leap Through the Dragon's Gate."  It probably is my last time to live in a Year of the Dragon. 







Web Publishing Notes for 2012:


I no longer maintain any other blogs besides the Cloud Hands Blog.  I will post to this every day in 2012. 
Karen and I stopped maintaining Our Paths in the Valley Blog on August 23, 2011.

I stopped maintaining the Green Way Blog in 2010.  I stopped maintaining the Valley Spirit Blog in 2008. 


I provide an alphabetical subject index to most of my online publishing about Taijiquan and Qigong.  

All publications of mine are part of Green Way Research, Red Bluff, California.  Green Way Research is the home business of Mike and Karen Garofalo. 

My Taijiquan webpages are found at the Cloud Hands Website.  

My Qigong webpages are found at the Valley Spirit Qigong Website.

My gardening webpages are found at the Spirit of Gardening Website.  


The Cloud Hands Blog is a hodgepodge of posts on the numerous themes cited in the subtitle of the blog:  Gardening, Taijiquan, Mysticism, Walking, Qigong and the Eight Ways.  The "Eight Ways" is vague enough to cover all my other regular and temporary interests.  Most of what I post to the Cloud Hands Blog reflects what I am creating and refining and publishing in static webpages.   Therefore, the Cloud Hands Blog is an ongoing index to my overall web publishing projects.  


My Brief Biography is available online.  

Our two websites: Garden Digest and Green Way Research are still popular.  Garden Digest serves up an average of 2.2 million webpages per year.  Green Way Research serves up an average of 1.4 million webpages per year.  We, of course, provide advertising options to business customers. 


May we all enjoy a prosperous, productive, and pleasing Year of the Water Dragon in 2012.  May we protect and preserve the Pearl.  









2 comments:

  1. Gong xi fa cai! And congratulations on #12. (I think I have another two years to go, but my husband just started getting his checks!)

    Nice dragon images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baroness radon,
    Gong xi fa cai! May you enjoy a long and healthy life and the steady flow of monthly checks from Uncle Sam.
    Yes, I do enjoy dragon images and symbolism.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete