Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell 2006

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne."
- Robert Burns

For me, 2006 was a taste of a cup of kindness.

Karen and I had no serious health setbacks this past year. We could work, play and exercise fully. We were both active with work, activities, projects, and friends. We became grandparents for the first time. We were able to make improvements on our home and garden. We were able to visit often with family, friends, and colleagues. California was a peaceful and progressive place to live during this time.

I finished and was certified in all phases of the YogaFit 200 hour training program. I attended numerous Tai Chi Workshops. I discovered the practice of the short staff. I started the Sacred Circle and finished the Bagua Zhang circle. I was able to benefit in body and mind from walking meditation.

I was able to work for 120 days for the Corning Union Elementary School District. I was able to teach 6 to 7 classes each week at the Tehama Family Fitness Center. Green Way Research was able to bring in some revenue. My LACERA retirement income and benefits remained steady. Karen's job with the Tehama County Department of Education was also a steady income source. We both look to new opportunities to increase revenues, cut costs, and diversity income sources.

I have a New Year's Resolutions list for the New Year, 2007: 11 Things to Do in 1,001 Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment