Sunday, May 29, 2022

Cellphone Screen Web Design

My notes, projects, tips, resources, links, files, and plans for CSS Style Sheet Webpage Design are now found online.  

I normally use a desktop Dell computer and a large Samsung digital monitor.  Most of my webpages, created since 1998, have been in simple HTML code, mostly created using Microsoft Front Page 2003 software.  

Years ago, I created an Green Way Research Index to my hypertext documents in HTML.  My interest and skills has been mostly in Content Creation (writing, reporting, research, documentation, compiling, linking, bibliography, guides...).   

I have decided to try to learn how to create webpages in both HTML and CSS code to display properly on my Samsung A32 cellphone.  I am learning how to CSS code from two textbooks.  I am now using Dreamweaver 2021 software for writing and editing, and use two textbooks for learning how to use Dreamweaver.  I also use online resources for learning CSS and Dreamweaver.  

Web publishing for decent display on a good web browser on a big monitor is one challenge, writing for display on a typical small screen cellphone is another challenge.  I check my webpage on Google Chrome and Microsoft Bing, on a big monitor.  I check my webpage on my Samsung A32 cellphone.  

I hope to learn how to use CSS coding ONLY to create webpages for cellphones that will display properly in a greater variety of cellphones.

This coming week CPS46.css ONLY!  CPS = Cellphone Poetry Series

The first document I created using a CSS style sheet is called : 
 
Seaside Snippets: Short Poems by Michael P. Garofalo

This first document worked fine in my Samsung A32 cellphone, but not so well in terms of margins and text size in my wife's newer and slightly larger Samsung cellphone.  I hope to learn how to improve my CSS webpage design skills in this area by using my two textbooks:

Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to HTML, CSS, JAVSCRIPT, and Web Graphics by Jennifer Niederst Robbins, 2018.  

HTML&CSS: Design and Build Websites.  By Jon Duckett.  Wiley, 2011, 500 pages.  


I have experienced some heart health problems since April 23rd, and so I have been taking in easy more.  Webpage design is definitely easy on the body, and challenging for the mind.  


Other relevant links to my short poems include:  

Slices from Time after Time

Poetry by Mike Garofalo

Cuttings: Haiku and Short Poems by Mike Garofalo

 



No comments:

Post a Comment