Sunday, May 15, 2022

DreamWeaver Days - Now Beginning

Dw     DreamWeaver

Adobe Dreamweaver Version 2.1 2021
I started using DreamWeaver on May 15, 2022
By Michael P. Garofalo 


From 2003 to 2022 I used Microsoft Front Page 2003 to develop webpages and websites. 
Pretty much simple .html webpages.  Index: https://www.egreenway.com/index.htm
Using Front Page was free after that first CD purchase way back in 2003.  

I use CuteFTP for FTP file/image transfer/management, and do not, at present, use Dw for that function.  There are many specific 2 panel line ups I have set up and linked up via all the specialized FTP settings need to connect with my WebHome on a Blue Host WebServer in Utah.  All my specialized and personalized settings work well in the CuteFTP software.  I think I first used this FTP transfer software back in 2000.    

I currently use the Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Bridge package (@ $11.00 per month) .   My wife and I have many current photography projects.  

I have used Blogger since 2005.  It a quite powerful blogging tool for my low tech needs, is free, has plenty of options, and works just fine.

Unfortunately, My old "free" Microsoft Front Page 2003 will no longer work anymore @May2022!  Died!  RIP FrontPage.  

I purchased, installed, and am now (5/15/2022-) using and learning to use
Adobe Dreamweaver Version 2.1 2021.  

The Adobe Dreamweaver software comes with many good on-line instructional videos.  User groups, Q&A groups, UTube instructional videos, online instructors, and books are available to help a person learn how to create and edit webpages (i.e. hypertext documents, online documents) and manage whole websites using DreamWeaver.  Cost = $23.00 per month.  

This DreamWeaver software is used my many website design professionals along with possible WordPress applications.   

I purchased about $150 on DreamWeaver printed textbooks; mostly used.  I will probably use the following book as my main guide to using DreamWeaver:

Adobe Dreamweaver Classroom in a Book (2021 release)  1st Edition.  By James Maivald.  Adobe Press, 2021, 464 pages, $56.00.  

For now, in May, 

editing old webpages with Dreamweaver (Dw) for practice;
text editing features, side panels, tricks, search/find, design view WYSIWYG, keystroke setups; 
inserting images, graphics, links, text;
reading Maivald's DreamWeaver book;  
uploading edited hypertext documents to Blue Host WebServer using the CuteFTP software;
checking my work on Google Chrome home desktop Samsung screen;
check on consolidated $56.00 a month plan for all Adobe software; 
templates in Dw for photo gallery or shows;
add more "Sites" to DreamWeaver;




No comments:

Post a Comment