Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Day Hiking - A Good Read

I have enjoyed day hikes for over 60 years.  My day hikes have taken place mostly in California and Oregon.  I have not done any backpacking since 1973. I enjoy tent camping and taking day hikes in the area where I camp.  I take walks nearly every day of the week.  

There are many books, magazine articles, and webpages with information on walks, day hikes, and backpacking.  One book that I have found useful to read regarding day hiking is the following:


The Dayhiker's Handbook: An All-Terrain, All-Season Guide.   By John Long and Michael Hodgson.  Camden, Maine, Ragged Mountain Press, 1996.  Index, appencices, 216 pages.  ISBN: 0070291462.  An excellent guide to preparing for and enjoying long day walks in the desert, mountains, jungles, canyons and streams, in the forest and along the coast.  Practical tips and useful advice.  VSCL. 







That is me on top of North Dome in Yosemite.
Quite a challenging day hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment