Thursday, March 30, 2017

Those Hearts Keep Pumping


































Today, the buyer and buyer's agent, and my seller's agent, will be coming, at 10:30 am, for something called "the final inspection" of our home and property. I hope things go well, and our home and property continue to meet the buyer's expectations for purchase.  We expect escrow to close, and for Karen and I to leave Red Bluff and drive to Vancouver, Washington, on April 14, 2017.


Very pleased with the Golden State Warriors NBA team wins over Memphis, Houston, and San Antonio Spurs.  The win at the Spurs last night was a crazy game.  


On a personal health note, I've had a first degree heart block for decades.  At age 71 now, the electrical wiring of my heart has been giving me some problems.  I have visited my cardiologist, Dr. Gisela Okonski, annually, for over a decade.  I've had treadmill testing twice.  Last year, I wore a chest pad at home for a month that monitored my heart.  I was active as a fitness instructor from 2002-2016.  

Yesterday, Dr. Okonski inserted a mico-chip, a Medtronic Reveal LINQ, in my chest to monitor my heart. Now, I need to learn how to use the Medtronic MyCareLink hardware and software.

Not feeling any discomfort or pain at the insertion site - at present.  Taking it easy.  No heavy lifting or pulling.  Light duties for a few days.

I believe that I can safely walk on flat ground, and handle the remaining duties of our moving.

The wind here in Red Bluff has been extremely powerful this morning.
I hope it stops soon!!

No falling trees today, please.
No sudden heart problems, for me, I hope.  









"Old men ought to be explorers
Here and there does not matter
We must be still and still moving
Into another intensity
For a further union, a deeper communion"
- T. S. Eliot, Four Quartets - East Coker # 200, 1943






No comments:

Post a Comment