Monday, July 12, 2021

Lincoln City in Oregon

 I enjoyed three days of vacationing along Highway 101 along the Pacific Coast.  I explored the area between Newport and Lincoln City, Oregon.  It was very windy (10-15 mph onshore breeze) and cool 50F-65F.  

I walked down to the shore line.
The swirling surf sounds drowned out all other sounds.
The waves pounding sand, splashing, foaming white and gone.  
The dry sand flew in my face, windblown cold.  

During July, hundreds of thousands of tourists enjoy the many cities (restaurants, stores, motels, resources), harbors, rivers, estuaries, wildlife refuges and scenic attractions along the Pacific Coast in Oregon.  I really enjoy visiting the coastal cities during all the months of the year.  

A favorite month for Pacific Ocean adventures is October, and I already have reservations for a Twin Harbors SP cabin near Westport, Gray's Harbor, Washington,  in October 2021.  

The Yaquina River and the Siletz River draw freshwater from the coastal ranges down to the harbors at the sea.  Communities of human beings, fishing/hunting and gathering and tool using for subsistence, have lived here for thousands of years.  

I left Newport at 6:30 am, stopped for gas and restroom breaks, to Grand Ronde, to McMinville, Forest Grove, and up Oregon 47 to Oregon 26 and into Portland and home.  









No comments:

Post a Comment