Friday, July 16, 2021

The Art of Little Trees

I have enjoyed growing plants in pots since I was a child.  We still grow many small tomatoes in pots in our back yard in the summer.  Here is a display of one of our bonsai.  




When I was a teenager in 1960, I used the Montebello Library and their bonsai art books.  Many of the bonsai photos, back then, were in black and white.  Now there are many bonsai books in full color.  The worked from 1962-1968 for the City of Commerce Public Library in East Los Angeles.  

The Montebello Library housed the Asian-Pacific Resource Center back in 1998.  The Montebello Library is a Regional Library of the County of Los Angeles Public Library System.  

I was employed by the Country Library in 1974 as a reference librarian at the old Compton Library; and, many years later, after promotions and successes, I decided to retire in 1998 from my position as the Regional Administrator of East Region of the County Library.  I moved to Red Bluff, California, and in 1999 became the District Librarian and Technology and Media Services Supervisor for the Corning Union Elementary School District (K-8, 2,300 students) and worked till 70 years of age. 

I held many thousand's of books and many media products in my hands, and boxes of these inanimate objects, from 1963-2017.  

I believe that millions of minds were informed, entertained, educated, persuaded, uplifted, and prepared to pass along and act on our common culture starting in 1962, and back then our talk about what our "future" was to be in 1963-1998 in East Los Angeles.  '



Hands, Touching, Moving, Feeling, Manipulating on Command

A Hypertext Notebook by Mike Garofalo  



Holding a book
reading
2019
Vancouver
WA

No comments:

Post a Comment