Monday, September 25, 2006

Health and Fitness Studies

I attended the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) workshop on Personal Fitness Trainer this past weekend. The knowledgeable and interesting workshop trainer, Ms. J. Bale, kept us very busy studying and learning on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for over 21 hours. I had read a couple of assigned AFAA textbooks before the training session. On Sunday, we took a 2 hour written exam and a 20 minute practical exam. I believe I passed, but will need to wait for 5 weeks for the results and certificate. The three day workshop was held in Yuba City, California.

I'm sure all the health and fitness information I learned and memorized will help me in my work for the Tehama Family Fitness Center and Valley Spirit Center as a certified yoga, tai chi, qigong, pilates, and spin cycling instructor. Hopefully, by January 1st, 2007, I will be certified by both AFAA and ACE (American Council on Exercise) as a Personal Fitness Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment