Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Walking at Daybreak

I normally begin my morning walk at about 5:40 am.  It is now 72F. 

Chanting Tara's Mantra for inspiration:  Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

"If you look for the truth outside yourself,
It gets farther and farther away.
Today walking alone, I meet it everywhere I step.
It is the same as me, yet I am not it.
Only if you understand it in this way
Will you merge with the way things are."
-   Tung-Shan 

"Walking is the natural recreation for a man who desires not absolutely to suppress his intellect but to turn it out to play for a season."
-   Leslie Stephen  

Normally, we enjoy beautiful morning skies and clean air.  Lately, fires in Lassen National Forest to the east have polluted our air. The sky is very grey and smoky.  




No comments:

Post a Comment