"The Principles of Integrative Medicine, are, according to Dr. Andrew Weil:
* A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process.
* Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
* Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body. A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
* Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms.
* Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible.
* Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease.
* Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development.
Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging