Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tai Chi 32 Simplified Sword Form in the Yang Style

32 Sword Form, Simplified, Yang Style, Taijiquan Jian. By Michael P. Garofalo. This popular webpage includes a comprehensive bibliography, scores of links to webpages; an extensive listing of the names and name variations for each movement in English, Chinese, French, German, and Spanish; a detailed analysis of each posture and movement sequence with explanations and numbered illustrations and detailed instructions; selected quotations; comments on 20 Taijiquan sword techniques; a comprehensive media bibliography; a chart of performance times; and, a comparison of the 32 and 55 sword forms in the Yang style. This is the standard, simplified, orthodox, 1957, 32 Taiji Sword Form, in the Yang Style of T'ai Chi Ch'uan. © Michael P. Garofalo, Valley Spirit Taijiquan, Green Way Research, Red Bluff, California, January 2008. 245Kb+.

32 Taijiquan Simplified Sword Form

20 T'ai Chi Ch'uan Sword Techniques

55 Classical Yang Taiji Sword




The Wild Horse Jumps Over the Mountain Stream




Zhong Kui
Vanquisher of Demons
Protector of the Home

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    How are you? Thank you for your excellent web resource. I have used it for a gateway to many interesting places.
    I practice the 55 Yang form as taught by Master Ken Van Sickle in his Feather Sword DVD. Its a beautiful form that I just learned this year.
    Does the classical form taught by Dr. Yang differ from the 55 form? I also practice the classical Yang style of T'ai Chi taught by Dr. Yang, and I really enjoy that form. I have several of Dr. Yang's DVD's and highly recommend all of them, so I am sure that although it may be the same form, I would learn a lot from his instruction.
    Again, thank you for your work.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou,

    Thanks for the kind remarks about my webpages.

    I have not seen the instructional DVD by Master Ken Van Sickle on the Taijiquan sword. I do list it in my Classical Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan Sword Form webpage. I don't know for sure, but I would think Professor Cheng Man-Ch'ing's sword form is closer to the Chen Wei Ming version and not like the great difference between his hand form and the Yang Family long hand form. I do own the DVD and book by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming on the Classical Tai Chi Sword, and think they are excellent learning and reference resources.

    Yang Style Taijiquan "classical" sword forms do differ somewhat from teacher to teacher. However, the general sequence, spirit, number of movements and pace are very much the same.

    Happy Holidays,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete