Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chen Tai Chi Broadsword (Dao) Form

I keep my notes on the subject of the Chen Taijiquan Broadsword 23 Movement form on my Cloud Hands Blog. 

I am still doing the form slowly in movements I am just learning.  For those movements I already know I am speeding up the movements. 

I am learning the form using: 
Chen Style Single Broadsword.  Instruction by Master Jesse Tsao.  Sample   Instructional DVD and VHS formats, 50 minutes.  $39.95 US.  "This routine is short and refined with clear applications.  It reflects the characteristics of Chen Style Tai Chi, combining softness with hardness and slowness with quickness; dodging and yielding with agile movements, cutting and hacking with great speed.  Master Tsao presents demonstrations both in front and back view of the whole routine.  He teachers step-by-step in slow motion, in English.  There are plenty of repetitions in both front and back view in his detailed teaching."   Each movement is taught in detail with front and side views.  Nice lush backyard setting for instruction.  Good sound and volume.  The form is taught in 4 lessons of about six movements per lesson.  After each lesson the movements are shown multiple times, from different angles including back views, in normal and slow speeds, in a nice setting by the ocean. The entire form is demonstrated in normal and slow speeds. VSCL.   

No comments:

Post a Comment