Monday, May 28, 2012

Better to Take a Walk

Today is an American holiday called 'Memorial Day.'  A day to remember all those that died in the many useless, stupid, horrible, and crushing wars of the past. Most of the men that started or fought in these destructive rampages where merely pawns in the hands of nations or dogmas or greed or dictators or petty warlords.  There were a few heroes, and many evil men, and mostly just extremely scared folks crying and screaming as the bombs exploded and bullets whizzed by and their loved ones were murdered.  So, let us remember on this holiday and celebrate the real joy that everyone felt when we heard "The War Has Ended" and people could live again in peace.     

I recommend that we adopt an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to Limit the War Making Powers of the U.S. Government.    


Time for my early morning walk, 5:45 am.  The temperature outside is 53 degrees F.  The skies are clear at daybreak today.  Walk on dear friends - in Peace.  

"It is good to collect things; it is better to take walks."
- Anatole France

"It is good to have an end to journey towards;
but it is the journey that matters in the end."
- Ursula K. LeGuin

"A fact bobbed up from my memory, that the ancient Egyptians
prescribed walking through a garden as a cure for the mad.
It was a mind-altering drug we took daily."
- Paul Fleischman, Seedfolks





"There is an art to wandering.  If I have a destination, a plan - an objective - I've lost the ability to find serendipity.  I've become too focused, too single-minded.  I am on a quest, not a ramble.  I search for the Holy Grail of particularity, and miss the chalice freely offered, filled full to overflowing."
-   Cathy Johnson, On Becoming Lost


"Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow."
-   Henry David Thoreau   




No comments:

Post a Comment