Friday, November 08, 2013
Ten Worthy Goals
"1. Mellowness of mind
2. A healthy, balanced life
3. An unobstructed, undefeated spirit
4. Loving people and rendering service
5. Unifying the body and mind
6. The rich emotion of enjoying simple relationships and things
7. Frequent self-examination of one's personal and public life
8. Avoidance of obsession or extravagance
10. Constantly collecting the floating emotions that take you out of your center"
- Hua-Ching Ni, The Gentle Path of Spiritual Progress, 1990, p. 108
I use two books by the noted Taoist Master Hua-Ching Ni with translations and commentary about the Tao Te Ching, and find them very useful.
My Tao Te Ching Concordance has been useful to many people.
Lifestyle Advice from Wise Persons
The Good Life
Chapter Index to the Tao Te Ching