Saturday, November 02, 2013

Morning Practices: Walking, Taijiquan and Ding Shi

It looks like a beautiful morning for walking outdoors and practicing Taijiquan forms and reenacting the Taijiquan principles.  Also, I will walk around my 5 acre parcel of property with my dog, Bruno, and we will practice "heeling."  My bodybuilding workout before noon at the TFFC gym will focus on weightlifting exercises for my legs.  It is very nice to be semi-retired and have more time for my hobbies, reading, writing, interests, and playing.    

I've been practicing doing movements numbered 1-11 of the Chen Taijiquan Broadsword 23 movement form.

Today, I will focus on Movement 11, Three Rings Around the Sun, or in the Chinese transliterations: Ti Tao San Huan, Ri Tao San Huan, Jir To San Wan. 

I also play with practicing the eight Ding Shi palm postures while walking in a circle, which is a Neidan body-mind Taoist practice described by Master Tom Bisio.  

Ba Gua Circle Walking Nei Gong: The Meridian Opening Palms of Ba Gua ZhangBy Tom Bisio.  Denver, Colorado, Outskirts Press, 2012.  Bibliography, 249 pages.  ISBN: 978-1432796891.  VSCL. 

Baguazhang (Pa Kua Chang), Eight Trigrams Circle Walking Exercises

Study Tai Chi Chuan and Chi Kung with Mike Garofalo  


In the photograph below, taken back in 2007, I am walking in a circle around a green pole.  My posture is supposedly the "Moon Embracing Palm," but my hands (palms) should be lower - more at shoulder height rather than above my head.  (In 2011, this area was converted into our "Sunny Garden," and the green pole removed.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment