Monday, January 02, 2017

Projects for the New Year

My home office computer became non-functional in December.  I had backed everything up in November, so I did not loose many documents.  

I purchased a new Lenovo desktop computer, and am now loading software and setting up various online accounts.  Tedious work!  Some of my old software favorites will not load into Windows 10.  

This blog now has over 906,000 page views.  Heading towards the one million mark.  

We enjoyed a Amtrak train trip from Chico, CA, to Vancouver, WA.  Better to take this trip in the summer when you have more daylight hours.  

We celebrated the holidays with our children and their families in Vancouver. Delightful.  

We enjoyed a live performance by the Portland Ballet Theater of the Nutcracker

Busy with home repair and improvement projects in preparation for the sale of our home and property.  


One Christmas present for me was two boxed sets of many CDs of performances by the outstanding pianist Martha Argerich.  What a delight!  My granddaugher, Makenna, impressed me with her piano playing.  I need to take pleasure in playing my electric piano every day.  

Fixing up my 2003 Ford Explorer for a camping trip to Oregon coast.  This is the "big storm surf" time of the year.  I'm putting a rack on the top of the Explorer.

I am mostly reading books about the biological sciences.  "The Origin of the Species" by Charles Darwin, "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins, "The Diversity of Life" by Edwin O. Wilson, and various used Botany textbooks. 

Another Christmas present for me was a AmScope binocular stereo microscope (10X - 60X). Excellent fun and knowledge gained from using this instrument. 

Tomorrow ... back to the gym for weightlifting workouts.  I'm walking every day for 1 to 1.5 hours.  

Happy New Year to Everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment