Thursday, October 12, 2017

Hobbies and Enjoyment



“Mike, an old proverb says idle hands are the devil’s work. While I don’t necessarily agree with that sentiment, I do believe that hobbies are crucial for everyone. Not only do hobbies give you a chance to focus on something besides work or school, but they also give you a way to decompress.

A lifelong lover of hobbies, I’m a quilter before anything else, but I have an appreciation for hobbies in all forms. Quilting has given me the outlet I need when it’s time to recharge, and I love that I can create works of art and useful gifts for friends and family.

Because I think hobbies are great for everyone, I’ve included some excellent resources that might interest your readers. I hope you’ll find them useful. Maybe you can share them on one of your webpages.

Why Kids Need Hobbies

The Benefits Of Having A Hobby When You're In Recovery

Find Your Passion: Making Room for Hobbies

How to Start Your Own Urban Garden

11 Healthy Hobbies for Seniors

10 Hobbies That Can Pay Off

If you already enjoy a hobby in your spare time, then you know where I’m coming from. If you don’t have a hobby, I’m hopeful these ideas can spark an interest! Of course, if this information isn’t helpful to you at all, please let me know, and I won’t contact you again.”

Thank you in advance,
Martha

Martha Geoffries
martha@quiltingjr.com



My own hobbies include: reading, gardening, writing, walking, Taijiquan, Yoga/Qigong, weightlifting, and sightseeing in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment