Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Documentaries on Television

This past week I was resting and trying to recover from symptoms of a cold.  I watched television, read, and played with CorelDRAW.  I enjoyed watching documentaries.

The "Magical Andes" was a spectacular tour of the Andes Mountains and the people who live there in South America.  This massive mountain range from Argentina to Columbia is 8,000 KM or 4,970 miles.  I have lived my whole life close to mountains.  I have toured, hiked, and camped in the San Gabriel mountains and San Bernardino mountains near Los Angeles, the Sierra and Cascade mountains in Northern California, and the Cascades in Washington and Oregon.  Views of mountains, up close and from afar, have been a dramatic experience in my life.  I don't think I will ever visit the Andes, but the Cascades (Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainer) will provide my fair share of mountain living.  This fine documentary film will take you directly into the Andes.

The business side of professional soccer and its impact on a working class community is shown in the documentary "Sunderland."  This team was loosing in 2017-2018, and dealing with failure is the challenging topic.

I enjoyed the doucmentary on "Design" featuring top design artists from around the world.

All of these fine documentaries are on Netflix, and probably on other television streaming applications a well.


Image result for andes mountains

Andes Mountains





The photograph above is of Mount Shasta, California. It was taken by Evi Shoemaker of Rancho Tehama, California. Mount Shasta is a 14,179 foot (4,322 m) stratovolcano. It is the second highest peak in the Casade Range, and the fifth highest peak in California. It is a member of the Cascade Volcanic Arc. It is located in Siskiyou County, California, in the United States of America. It is considered to be one of the Sacred Mountains on Mother Earth. 


When I was 65 years of age I once climbed to about 10,000 feet on this volcano.  Most of the time we visited the sourrounding forests below 8,000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment