Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Farewell to 2019


"So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh.
This dusty old dust is a-gettin' my home,
And I got to be driftin' along."
-  Woody Guthrie, 1940

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne."
- Robert Burns

For me, 2019 was a taste of a cup of kindness.

Karen and I were in good health and live comfortably in Vancouver, Washington.

Some family and friends passed on in 2019.  We were priviledged to share part of our life's journey with them.  Others are battling against illness.  We wish them well.

Overall, our families are prosperous, living in peacetime, productive, and in good health.

California, Oregon, and Washington have many prosperous cities and towns. 

How about way back when I said Farewell to 2006?

Best Wishes to All!  Cheers!  Cheers!  Salud!  

No comments:

Post a Comment