Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Home For the Holidays

My best wishes to all for a peaceful and pleasant winter holiday season.  May we remember our accomplishments this past year, have few regrets, and hope for good health, peace and prosperity.  May our shared history make us proud.  May the Earth rest and bear the sweetist Wenatachee cherries and gently cradle the mighty Columbia River.


Katelyn, Mike, Karen, Makenna, Beryl


We have our Christmas and New Year Celebrations with family and friends.  This year we did Italian style meals.  Karen and I decorated interiors of our house with typical holiday season art.  We exchanged presents and best wishes.

Today, our children and their families will have lunch together at our home: lasagna, brocholli beef roll, cardoon (Texas Celery, artichoke stalks cooked, breaded, and fried), wine, and ourdourves.  Karen is positive and joyful.  Feasting for Fun!  Good Cheer!

Time for my NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS:
Walk our dog Bruno once each day.
Learn how to effectively use CorelDRAW 2019 and Corel PaintShop Pro 2020 software.
Take a class in drawing.
Practice Tai Chi Chuan in class led by Jill Ross on Friday and Saturday.


Because of my interests and hobbies, and the fact that I am now retired at age 73, I spend a lot of my time indoors in my office, study, mancave, den, reading room, art studio, hang out space, retreat, etc.

The temperatures outdoors are mostly in the 40F's these days, and it gently rains a lot.  There are few gardening chores in December.  My reading and writing ROOM is nice and dry, cozy, and comfortable.  The room is insulated.  I always dress to stay warm.  I use an electrical heater set at 50F.

My STUDY is about 10'x12'x8'.  Bookshelves that we made cover the north and south wall.  A window faces south.  A small closet is on the east side of the room.  In front of the west wall is a large table with computer equipment.  Another small wood table is on the south side is used for art projects, reading, laptop computer, games.  The room is carpeted, but I would prefer a hardwood floor for easier rolling on my large office chair.

The computer equipment in my home OFFICE includes a Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows 10, Epson Workforce WF-3640 Printer, Samsung 21"dia screen, Logitech keyboard, old Toshiba laptop, and an Epson Perfection V600 scanner.  I purchase Internet access, and other services, from XFinity Comcast.  My annual modest earnings from my websites keep me current with computer hardware and software every four or five years.

Here is a photo of my STUDY, looking to the south on a foggy winter day.  There is a large sweet gum tree in our front yard.  I can use the wood table for drawing and art projects, books, laptop computer, digital camera equipment, a game, or a small  electronic keyboard.






My dog, Bruno, thinks my study/office/studio is his DOG CAVE.





No comments:

Post a Comment