Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Moda Center

My daughter, Alicia, and I went to the Moda Center in downtown Portland, Oregon.  We attended an NBA basketball game between the Portland Trailblazers and the San Franciso Bay Warriors.  The game was interesting, well attended, and enjoyable.  The interior of the stadium is quite dramatic in size.  Alicia did a great job driving in Portland traffic, and was good company in the hurly burly of a big sports stadium. 

During the last five years I followed the Oakland Warriors closely on their rise to five straight NBA championship games, winning 3 NBA Titles.  I subscribe to NBA League Pass each year ($299) and get every NBA game.  This year, the Warriors are a new team due to injuries to Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and the loss of Kevin Durant, Andre Iguadola, David West, JaVale McGee, and DeMarcus Cousins, etc.  They are a weaker team and probably will not be in the playoffs in the 2019-2020 season.  Easy come, hard to let go.

I follow and support sports teams from the West Coast of the USA.  I lived in California for 70 years, and now live in Washington.  I root for teams from California, Oregon, and Washington. 

I actually like the live action of a lower level basketball game.  As, for example, between college, high school, and middle school teams.  Usually, you can sit quite close to the court.  As for the NBA games - give me television coverage on NBA League Pass, NBA TV, ESPN, CBS. 

I will be watching a 6-7th grade girls basketball team recreational league game this coming Friday night.  My granddaughter, Makenna (Mak), is a feisty defense minded guard and gets to play a lot.

Obviously, I enjoy watching the game of basketball. 



No comments:

Post a Comment