Friday, October 12, 2007

Master's Manual of Hsing-I Kung Fu (John Price)

"Master's Manual of Hsing-I Kung Fu" by John Price. 2nd Edition, 2007. Redding, California. 1st edition published in 1977. Translation and compilation of the teachings of Master Hsu Hong Chi. John Price's Shen Lung Hsing-I Kung Fu website offers the book for sale: http://www.jlprice.clearwire.net Published and distributed by www.lulu.com.

"The Masters Manual of Hsing-I kung fu was first published in July, 1977. On this the thirtieth year since then I have decided to once again publish the book. The manual was the very first of it's kind. There were other martial arts books and even kung fu books but there was nothing in print in the English language even close to this book. For the first time the words, phrases, songs of the masters and the mariad other things that make up Hsing-I Kung Fu were put into a book. The book was left pretty much like the translations that were given for me to edit. In addition there are chapters that explain the Chinese mindset regarding the practice of any Chinese martial art. Wherever possible, we have used the original pictures for this 2nd edition. I also added more commentary to the text and aligned text with graphics better. The format has been changed from the half-page to a 6x9" format. It allows the pictures to be a little larger. All photo's with the exception of Master Hsu are of the students of mine."

Hsing-I Ch'uan (Xing Yi Quan): Bibliography, Links, Resources, Quotes, Information By Mike Garofalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment