Monday, January 07, 2013

Health Issues

I've been trying to overcome the effects of a cold and upper respiratory infection; basically, acute bronchitis.  The usual methods have been used: rest, warmth, reduce vigorous exercise, sleep more, over the counter medicines, extra vitamins, lots of warm fluids, etc.  Unfortunately, after 17 days, the problems are not resolving.  A disappointing setback.  I've had pneumonia twice in my lifetime, and bronchitis twice ... very unpleasant.

I taught yoga and felt pretty good.  However, I have not taken my usual long walks in our cold weather or lifted weights.  

Tomorrow, I will go and consult with a medical doctor.  

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 PM PST

    I hope you get well soon.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling better now?
    A healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit discouraging about how long these upper respiratory infections persist. I should expect some setbacks at the age of 68.
    I'm feeling much better now, but being careful.
    Today, when it warms up a bit, I plan to exercise some.
    Thanks for the concern.
    Best wishes to you, Herman, for a health and happy 2013.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Mike!

    I had recently developed similar issues, so I did some research and came up with a supplement regimin that appears to be working. These products are all available from Vitacost, a very good online resource. I found the suggestions in the book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing", by the Balsch's, which has served me reliably for years, and which I highly recommend. The supplements include a Chinese Herbal formula called "Clear Lungs", plus B Complex, Quercitin, Vit C, Vit A & D, MSM, Colloidal Silver, Pycnogenol, Magnesium-Calcium-Zinc, plus mostly raw foods and lots of herbal tea formulas, like Traditional Medicinal breathe-easy. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,
    Thanks for the practical suggestions as to herbal and vitamin supplements. I do take most, but not all. I've not used "Clear Lungs" before. Where is a good source for quality Chinese Herbs?
    Mike

    ReplyDelete