Monday, April 18, 2022

Brother Iron and Sister Steel Memories




In 1974 I got interested in weight training and bodybuilding.  I enjoyed reading articles and books by Dave Draper (1942-2021), Franco Columbo (1941-2019), Joe Weider (1919-2013), Bill Pearl (1930-), and Arnold Schwarzenegger (1941-), and many others.  Many thanks to my inspirational brothers in the iron game who have joined our ancestors.  

In Los Angeles, I worked out at Jack La Laine gyms, and in Red Bluff CA the Tehama Family Fitness Center, and now in Vancouver WA at the local LA Fitness gym.  I also have dumb-bells to use at home.  

Visit his Bodybuilding, Weight Training, Nutrition Guidelines from Mr. Universe Dave Draper.  

Dave Draper offered a brief and interesting free weekly email newsletter until 2021.  

For more information on strength training and bodybuilding for persons over fifty,
check out my webpage on the subject.   



Brother Iron, Sister Steel: A Bodybuilder's Book  By Dave Draper.  OnTarget Publications, 2001, 337 pages.




No comments:

Post a Comment