Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Fig Leaf Fell on My Fingers

As I played with the Yang Long Form, each of my steps crunched leaves under my feet. As I reached down to pick up the needle from the bottom of the sea, I picked up a few leaves from the graying autumn grass. As I crossed hands in the horse stance, a fig leaf fell on my fingers.

"despite fascination
do not be concerned
that form is emptiness
and emptiness is form
It is All
a brown falling leaf
no different
from
anything
else."
- Michael McClure

"Last day of September,
dead leaves dropping--
form is emptiness.
First day of October,
ditch completely dry--
emptiness is form.
- Michael Garofalo, Above the Fog


Cloud Hands Taijiquan



   
Months and Seasons
Quotes, Poems, Sayings, Verses, Lore, Myths, Holidays
Celebrations, Folklore, Reading, Links, Quotations
Information, Weather, Gardening Chores
Compiled by Mike Garofalo
 
WinterSpringSummerFall
JanuaryAprilJulyOctober
FebruaryMayAugustNovember
MarchJuneSeptemberDecember 









No comments:

Post a Comment