Friday, November 08, 2019

Trying to Remember That

     I made this post back in 2015.  I think the old photo of my home Neo-Pagan altar display reflects my readings and studies from around 2005.  I do seasonal, holiday, and personal interest displays in my current home office room [my study, library, computer den, hang out space, man cave, sunny room, yoga space.]  In 2019, I am now reading Meister Eckart from 1305 CE., and his metaphysical poetry.  Oneness, Beauty and Beings ... the wonder of it all.      


"Straight up from this road
Away from the fitted particles of frost
Coating the hull of each chick pea,
And the stiff archer bug making its way
In the morning dark, toe hair by toe hair,
Up the stem of the trillium,
Straight up through the sky above this road right now,
The galaxies of the Cygnus A cluster
Are colliding with each other in a massive swarm
Of interpenetrating and exploding catastrophes.
I try to remember that."
-  Pattiann Rogers, Firekeeper



"God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, "Ah!""
-  Joseph Campbell  



“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
-  William Butler Yeats



Awe, Wonder, Amazement: Quotations, Sayings, Poems









2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and look forward to the notification in my inbox that you've published another post. It is a centre of quiet and sanity in my stressful life and helps draw me back to my centre. It is better than any pill that my doctor prescribes. Many thanks. Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    Thank you very much for your kind and generous feedback. Best wishes for good health and much happiness.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete