Thursday, November 28, 2019

Indoor Playing


I spent a lot of time in November on seting up my new desktop Dell Inspiron computer.  Getting my FTP and personal desktop arrangements set up is always detailed work.  Next week, I will look into SSL certificates from BlueHost.  I've now spent $170 on newer software. I also worked on Karen's HP Desktop and an old laptop (Toshiba Satellite) we use.     

It has been cold outside with temperatures in the low 40's F.  Not much rain here in Novemeber, a record low.  I don't have much enthusiasm for gardening or a need to do much gardening in late autumn as dormancy is dominant now.  We still try to do some outdoor work in the garden each day.  Lately we have been raking leaves from our huge sweet gum and using as mulch, cutting down overgrown shrubs, transplanting, potting, path laying, fencing and lattice work.  

Mostly, on these cold days, I've been busy indoors reading, web publishing, research, using computers, doing art work, and writing.  I work in a cozy, warm, and dry home office/study/computer room.  

I enjoy watching the game of basketball on NBA League Pass and follow West Coast teams: Los Angeles Lakers, San Francisco Warriors, and Portland Trailblazers.  Football season is ending.  I watched all the University of Southern California college football games (my and my father's alma mater), and many West Coast NFL teams games.  

I spent a lot of time on reformatting and updating webpages in my Tao Te Ching website.  Updating and editing can be such tedious and time consuming puttering around.  I've also read a lot of books, essays, and articles about the Daodejing and Taoism.  

I have developed and maintained many hypertext documents which I have published online as webpages.  I began this activity in 1994.  I use Blue Host as my web host.  

Finally, I got an old copy of Fireworks working in Windows 10.  I used this software a decade ago while learning about, playing with, and creating concrete poetry.  I'm also learing how to use CorelDraw 2019 to create vector graphics.  I will try to publish one .gif or .jpg file each Sunday.  

I call one series of graphic arts:  TeXtArT.  It is an attempt to create a kind of "art" using letters in different arrangements.  The letters can come in different fonts, colors, shapes, sizes, directions, etc.  Sometimes, the letters take the shape of objects, the so called, "concrete poem."  Concrete poetry has been an interest of mine since 2001.  







No comments:

Post a Comment