Friday, July 01, 2016

Retired Now ... Yes

I retired from my position as Technology and Media Services Manager for the Corning Union Elementary School District on July 1, 2016.  I had worked for this school district for the last 16 years.  I retired as a Library Administrator from the County of Los Angeles Public Library in 1998.  I have always enjoyed working, and may do so part-time in the future.  

I resigned from my position as a fitness instructor (yoga, taijiquan, pilates, spin, personal fitness trainer) at the Tehama Family Fitness Center in Red Bluff, on July 1, 2016.  I will no longer be teaching at the TFFC.  

I will no longer be teaching taijiquan privately at my home, because we will be traveling quite a bit and moving.  

Karen and I are now selling our home in Red Bluff, and moving to Vancouver, Washington.  Both of our children and their families live in Vancouver.  We also desire a change in location from the rural North Sacramento Valley to a more metropolitan environment in Southwest Washington.  

We are now busy prepping our house, moving items to Washington, and looking for a home to rent or buy in the Vancouver/Portland metro area.  

My websites and blog will continue, albeit at a reduced level, until we get settled in Vancouver.  

I will resume teaching Taijiquan and Yoga in the Vancouver and/or Portland area in the future.  Also, I will be looking for a good Taijiquan School in that area.  Suggestions??

I retired at the age of 70.  


No comments:

Post a Comment