Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Walking Your Way to Better Health


"Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
Reduce your risk of breast and colon cancer
Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
Enhance mental well being
Reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes
Improve blood lipid profile
Reduce your risk of osteoporosis
Reduce the risk of stroke
Lessen the severity of COPD
Increase the chances of living longer
- Dr. Mercola, M.D., Daily Walk Can Add 7 Years to Your Life, 2016



"Your mood will improve 
Your creative juices will start flowing
Your jeans will get a little looser
You will slash your risk of chronic disease
You will keep your legs looking great
You will improve your bowel regularity
Your other goals will seem to be more reachable."
-  Prevention Magazine
7 Incredible Results You Will Get from Walking 30 Minutes Each Day, 2016
  


Ways of Walking Website:  Quotations, Information, Facts, Poetry, Inspiration

Benefits of Walking

Caloric Expenditures While Walking

Walking Meditation

Exercise Options for Older Persons

Aging Well


"The ideal aerobic exercise is walking. Virtually everyone can do it, almost anywhere. You should have little difficulty elevating your heart rate into your training range on a sustained basis, and it does not put undue strain on any of your joints."
- Terry Grossman, M.D., Fantastic Voyage 



I've been enjoying my long walks again as the injuries to my knees and hips last Spring have healed.  I now walk 90 minutes every day.  My pace is moderate and steady.  I usually listen to Classical and New Age music while walking.  I often take my dog, Bruno, with me on these long walks.  







No comments:

Post a Comment