Thursday, May 04, 2017

Pneumonia Blues

Today, an emergency room physician in Ilwaco, at the Ocean Beach Hospital, examined me, took blood samples, and took an Xray of my chest.  Based on my recent symptoms and lab results his diagnosis was pneumonia.

I was experiencing very rapid breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, anxiety, fatigue, coughing, weakness, light-headedness, and very high blood sugar (400+).  Frankly, I was experiencing a panic state.

I will see my primary care internal medicine doctor on Monday, May 8th.

A bad experience!  

2 comments:

  1. Met with my internist on Monday 5/8. Pneumonia symptoms lessening greatly after antibiotics and rest for five days. I'm now off Januvia and on Trulicity pen; to try to control blood sugar. Hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete