Saturday, October 24, 2020

Fun in Fall

 My daughter and her husband are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  

Karen and I are watching our grandchildren.  Both are smart, a 7th and 9th grade girl, and they worked all day Thursday and Friday at home attending online Zoom classes and doing homework.  We stayed at their house in Salmon Creek, and brought our dog, Bruno.  Saturday and Sunday we stayed at our house in the Orchards, and brought their dog, Roxi.  


Grandparents Spending Four Days with Our Grandchildren!  Aging Well     How to Live a Good Life

I have been busy expanding our vegetable garden on the west side of our home.  I've added 48 square feet to the vegetable garden already.  I plan to add 40 square feet more this coming week.  I border the new area with standard concrete two hole blocks (8x8x16').  Then I lay down a layer of cardboard over the existing grass.  Then I cover the cardboard with organic matter: small wood chips, grass cuttings, fine tree debris, composted steer manure, leaves from our sweet gum tree, kitchen garbage, bagged topsoil for raised beds, etc.  In a year or two, you can create some productive raised bed soil for growing vegetables in a sunny location.  


No comments:

Post a Comment