Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Walks with Bruno

 In Vancouver, Washington, where we have lived since April of 2017, I walk on my suburban neighborhood streets with our dog Bruno.  

I have one route that takes Bruno and I 30 minutes to walk, another route that takes 45 minutes to walk, and a one hour route.  We walk along the edge of wide quiet suburban streets.  The large trees in our neighborhood and the mostly well kept property and landscaping are lovely.  People nod, salute, or say "hello" ... acknowledgement, friendliness, safety, peace.  Some people like the look of my people friendly Bruno dog. 



My dog constantly wants to go on a walkabout.  



I walk on Clark County trails, at local parks, along the Columbia, and home indoors on a treadmill.  In the photo below, my dog, Bruno, and I are walking at the nearby Orchards Community Park.  Lots of trees mean lots of cooler, foggier, rainy days in Southwestern Washington, west of the Cascades peaks like Hood, Adams, St. Helens, Rainer.  Orchards Park is adjacent to the I 205 Freeway, so it is far nosier walking here than in Red Bluff because of the surrounding automobile, truck, suburban, and PDX airport jet sounds.  Vancouver is the largest suburb north of Portland.  A busy and noisy area!


No comments:

Post a Comment