Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Ocean City State Park, Washington

Today. I travel from Vancouver up Interstate 5 to Centralia, then west on Road 12 to Aberdeen, then on Road 109 to Ocean Shores, Washington.  It is an easy 160 mile drive, about a 3.5 hour drive for me.  The traffic in Aberdeen and Hoquiam is slow after the long freeway drive.   

If I drive to Olympia, then to Ocean Shores, all freeway or divided highway, it is around 175 miles.  Traffic is very heavy on Interstate 5 from Olympia to Seattle.  

I enjoy visiting the Gray's Harbor Area for seashore and beach activities, marshes, tidal changes, forests, rivers, and coastal retail and restaurant conveniences.  Ocean Shores has many retail stores, restaurants, hotels, services, and seashore activities.    

I will be camping for two nights at Ocean City State Park.  Here are some images of the campground.  I expect a low of 54F, a high of 64F, and cloudy skies.    

My "junior recreational vehicle" is a 2018 Ford Escape, AWD.  


























No comments:

Post a Comment