Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Studying the I Ching

I have enjoyed using Tarot cards since 1974.  

I currently use the following deck of I Ching cards to study and reflect on how the I Ching might work to inspire me, entertain me, or motivate me.

Visionary I Ching Cards: The Book of Changes for Intuitive Decision-Making.  By Paul O'Brien.  Art by Joan Larimore.  64 Cards, 224 page guidebook.  Beyond Words, 2020.  $22.00.

The Complete I Ching.  By Taoist Master Alfred Huang.  Inner Traditions, 1998, index, 540 pages.  $22.00.  

For Tarot style tools for learning about the Tao Te Ching, I recommend the following: 

Tao Te Ching Cards: Lao Tzu's Classic Taoist Text in 81 Cards.  A New and Complete Translation by Chao-Hsiu Chen.  16 page booklet.  Marlowe, 2004.  I bought this back in 2005 for $25.00; it is now out-of-print and expensive.  There are other current less costly card style choices.

My favorite Tarot card deck is the Voyager Deck by James Wanless. $27.00.    

My relevant webpages on this topic include:

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

Taoism  

Tarot





No comments:

Post a Comment