Friday, December 30, 2022

Heart Problems

 People in their late 70's are often dealing with some kind of heart or vascular problems.  I myself, at 77, have a pacemaker that does not let my heartbeat fall below 60 beats per minute to overcome Bradycardia.  I had the pacemaker inserted in 2017.  I have a stint in my LAD, inserted in 2018. At the start of 2023, I have disconcerting symptoms of Atrial Fibulation; weakness, shortness of breath, lightheadedness.  I have scheduled a cryo-ablation in 2023 to try correct AFib.  

I consult with a variety of good physicians in Vancouver, at Peace Health Hospital Cardiology-Electrophysiology. I have confidence in their diagnosis and treatment recommendations.  I research the subject by reading AFib books and quality Afib articles online.  I take Eliquis to reduce stroke chances.  

I try to follow all recommendations for good self-care.  Taking prescribed medicines, sleeping well, mild exercise, social relations, projects, careful eating, stress reduction, and not using recreational drugs.   

I will try my best to stay positive, stay busy, keep a cheerful demeanor, and reassure others.  I have so much to be grateful for in my life!

Back to blogging and webpage projects - stay busy!




No comments:

Post a Comment