Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Walking Admid Winter Beauty




At the end of the street I walk on, I come to Highway 99 West. This portion of Hwy 99 was constructed in 1926. Highway 99 is a major highway in the West, from San Diego to Seattle.
Interstate 5 replaced Highway 99.


The nearby Shasta Yolla Bolly mountains are covered with snow. We rarely get any snow in the valley where I live.


The almond orchards are in full bloom.


The prune plum orchards have yet to flower.

I am very fortunate to have such a beautiful area for walking. I can walk in all months of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Did you realize that you posted the wrong pictures? There's no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick,

    In the North Sacramento Valley where I live we rarely get any snow. However, in the mountains to the west, north and east of my home there is LOTS of snow this year. All of this much needed snow feeds creeks, streams, rivers, lakes, and underground water tables.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete