Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Cloud Hands Blog Usage

The Cloud Hands Blog has served up over 400,000 blog posts from October of 2005 through July of 2014.  It now has a 97 subscribers.

Thank you very much to all those that read the posts to this blog.  

This year, I added a Translate button at the top of the right sidebar so that non-English readers can read the post in the language of their choice, albeit within the limitations of automatic machine translations.

The nice aspect of any blog is the fact that all posts are thoroughly indexed by topics shown in the lower right side bar.  The blog has a search box at the top left hand corner of the blog that provides full access to all past posts.

Many of my blog posts refer to material found in my many webpages.  Links in each post point to relevant material in my webpages on a particular subject. 

The right sidebar of this blog highlights my many webpages on a variety of subjects of interest to me.  Also, there are links in the right sidebar to other blogs and webpages by others that are worth exploring and reading.

My main webpage efforts during the last two years has been weekly work on the 81 Chapters of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu.  In June of 2014, I just completed adding two Spanish language translations for each of the 81 chapters of the Daodejing, and indexing by Spanish language terms for all the Chapters.  Each Friday, I submit a post on the Daodejing to the Cloud Hands Blog. 

I do get considerable positive feedback about my webpages and blog via email

Hopefully, posts to this blog will benefit my readers in some positive way, lead to discovering other mind-body fitness options they might explore, and providing a little insight on topics of mutual interest.

I receive very few comments to the blog posts, and I always respond. I get email with questions and comments each day. 

I recently upgraded my computer to a new HP Pavillion desktop computer running Windows 8.1.  I moved all my software and files over to the new computer.  I am now using the Microsoft Office Suite 2007.  In the past, I used the Microsoft Office Suite running on Windows XP on a Gateway desktop computer.  I purchased a number of good low priced used books from Amazon about the Microsoft Office Suite 2007.  This summer, I plan to get very familiar with Word 2007 and Dreamweaver CS5. 

Our summertime afternoon daytime temperatures in Red Bluff, California, frequently climb to above 100F, and nighttime temperatures drop to 70F.  Consequently, we get all outdoor chores and watering done in the early morning hours.  I also take a long walk at daybreak.  In the afternoon, at 4pm, I go to the gym to lift weights and then teach yoga.  I tend to work indoors on computer projects, webpage publishing, writing, reading, and blog posts during the hottest time of the day.  I am off my part-time job as a Elementary School District Librarian and Webmaster until August 20, 2014.

Green Way Research


The picture below was taken in Olympia National Park in Washington during the summer of 2012.  My granddaughter, Makenna, and I enjoyed our visit to this beautiful park.  This summer, in 2014, we will camp at South Beach State Park in Newport, Oregon.




No comments:

Post a Comment