Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Man and Woman on a Tuesday Evening


After I finished teaching my Tuesday evening (5:30-6:30 pm) yoga class, and as the yoga students were leaving, there were two new visitors waiting to enter.  We did some Taijiquan forms (Yang, Wu, Chen) together, talked about interests and circumstances, talked a little philosophical Taoism, mentioned longevity, and did some qigong forms together.  He shared Wu Taijiquan style.  They said they were traveling, van camping, and exploring Taoist resources; and lived in San Diego.  He is an acupuncturist.  I suggested they camp at Woodson Bridge State Recreation Area and gave them directions from the South Street and Interstate 5 exit in Corning, east 7 miles to the campground.  I recall his name was Roger.  I teach Yoga, Taijiquan, Qigong and Philosophy in Red Bluff and at my home. As for philosophical Taoism, for me, best experienced while tending my winter garden.  There is some good reading materials cited in my bibliography. California agriculture produces dried peaches.  He or she may email me at:  email

At the Tuesday evening Yoga class, I led a yoga routine with 30 second holds.  On Monday, we had done 80 second holds.

Take any Taijiquan end posture, for example, take the end position of the flowing left  Parting the Wild Horses Mane movement, Yang style.  That posture is a left forward lunge to the side, left arm extended with palm up, right had down to right thigh, torso upright, rooted, centered, powerful ... hold this posture and stay still for 30 to 60 seconds.  zhong shi training.



THANKSGIVING WEEK:  Wednesday, November 26th, 2014

My son, Mick, and daughter in law, April have been visiting since Sunday night.  We have had thee straight days of beautiful sunny clear cool weather.  Pleasant company, relaxed. 
Mick has been resting and nursing a troublesome left foot problem.  

We have three big dogs with high energy to manage; but all behave very well (indoors and outside) when resting.  

I have insomnia tonight.  Up at 2 am.


New Books I Am Reading

Stretching Anatomy  By Frederic Delavier.  Over 130 exercises for flexibility, agility, and toning.  Authors: Frederic Delavier, Jean-Pierre Clemenceu, and Michael Gundill.  Champaign, Illinois, Human Kinetics, 1st Edition, c 2010.  144 pages.  ISBN: 978-1450413985.  VSCL. 

         




Raymo, Chet.  When God Is Gone, Everything Is Holy: The Making of a Religious Naturalist  By Chet Raymo.  Nortre Dame, Indiana, Sorin Books, c 2008.  13 chapters, notes, 148 pages.  ISBN: 9781933495132.  Clean used copy from Oregon.  VSCL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment