Sunday, January 11, 2015

With Beauty Before Me I Walk


Lately, in Red Bluff, drought conditions have again returned.  Clear, cool, dry, and windless days for the last few weeks.  Perfect conditions for long walks in the morning.  

I continue to walk 3.6 miles on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings, at daybreak.  


"Walking gets the feet moving, the blood moving, the mind moving. And movement is life."
-  Carrie Latet 


"Happiness walks on busy feet."
-  Kitte Turmell


 "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."
-  Martin Buber


"Happily the spell is taken off for me
Happily I walk, impervious to pain I walk,
Light within I walk, joyous I walk
... In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty after me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty above and about me I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty."
The Night Chant, Navajo Native American Chant  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment